Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I Don't Know If I Mentioned This Before, But January Is Meme Month

Beth tagged me with a seven-facts-you-don't-know-about-me meme.

I thought I would use this opportunity to clear up some lies (and one truth) I spread here.

1. I started this blog in Feburary of 2007.

Not true.
Though looking at my archives, it appears I have posts that were created in February of 2007, my first actual post was done in March. I used the month of February to build a Choose Your Own Adventure story, which I created in July, 2007. I was creating a lot of content-related posts that I wanted to group together, so I thought it would make sense to group them together in a month where I hadn't done any posts.

If you enjoy reading all the pages of a choose your own adventure story without bopping back and forth between choices you make, you can always read mine like this.


2. Bun E. Carlos, the drummer for Cheap Trick, is my second cousin, and I see him occasionally at family functions.

Not true.
Sorry, I don't even know the man.


3. I have a tattoo of Jonny Quest on my left shoulder.

Not true.
I don't have any tattoos, but a Jonny Quest tattoo on the shoulder wouldn't be a bad idea.


4. I am afraid of squirrels.

Not true.
I had my hair cut outside by a relative in preparation for my brother's wedding (she didn't want to hair up the house). A squirrel was very interested in us, and my hair dropping to the ground. She was very frightened of the squirrel, but it didn't really bother me.


5. One winter, my brother and I built a snow fort in our front yard that was so large and elaborate it was photographed for the front page of the State Journal Register newspaper.

Not true.
I built a snow fort with my brother one winter, and it was really cool, but it probably wasn't that big, and it didn't get photographed for the paper.


6. I verbally insulted Steven Seagal on a hotel elevator after he drunkenly stumbled into me without apologizing.

Not true.
But wouldn't it be great if it was?


7. I am looking forward to a relaxing meme-free February.

TRUE!

4 comments:

Cup said...

Good use of the tag, Splotch. I'm ready to go meme-free myself.

Barbara Bruederlin said...

Damn, now I want a Johnny Quest tattoo. No, wait, a Johnny Bravo tattoo! Yeah.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Cheater. You combined an old meme with this one. I declare shenanigans on you!

Moderator said...

Steven Segal would eat you alive. He'd also probably eat you dead, too.